To ensure the correct data is transferred into your ledger, be sure to follow these initial steps before you begin.
- Ensure you have connected to your Xero client and they appear in the connected companies list. If you have not already made the Xero connection, click here to learn how.
- If you are setting up a new client ledger in Xero, make sure the conversion balances are entered into your ledger for the start of the financial year.
- If you are using an existing ledger, set the Lock dates. This makes sure that the data transferred from Common Ledger to Xero ledger is from the correct start date.
Once you have ensured the above, follow these steps to connect Common Ledger to Xero Ledger;
1. Login to Common Ledger, then select Connecting Company, under the Connected Companies list.
2. Select Connect Xero General Ledger.
3. Login to Xero, using your existing Xero username and password.
4. Select Client Ledger from the dropdown, then Authorise.
5. Complete the mapping.
6. Once that is done, the data will start being connected through to Xero. You can go to the Status page for an update of when the data is complete.