Mapping your client's Chart of Accounts to your General Ledger Chart of Accounts will let you view your client's data in your ledger, and ensure the transactions and amounts appear in the correct accounts.
These steps will help you to map your client's accounts to your General Ledger accounts:
Note: Before you get started, make sure you have the chart of accounts you wish to map to in Common Ledger. If the chart of accounts is not visible in the drop down box, you will need set up a chart of accounts for your relevant General Ledger.
- Login to Common Ledger, then select the client from Connected Companies list.
- Select the chart you wish to use from the dropdown box in the top right hand corner, then select Map Accounts.
- The mapping page displays your client's accounts on the left and your selected chart on the right.
- When you first begin to map, some mapping suggestions may already be available.
- If you are happy with the suggestions, click the Map icon to confirm the mapping.
- Confirmed mappings will show a green tick beside them.
- One click confirmation of all suggested mappings is also available by clicking on Save Mappings.
- You can change the account to map to by selecting the account from the drop-down box, and then clicking the Map icon to confirm the mapping.
- If you want to change a mapping, move your mouse onto the green tick and click the remove icon. Click on the Map icon to confirm.
- Before any data can be transferred to your ledger, all accounts must be mapped. Check that you have green ticks next to all the accounts.
- You must select the correct starting financial year you want to map from. All of the relevant accounts to map from the selected year forward will be included. For example, if you selected FY 2011, all of the 2011-present data will be available to map.
- If you don't complete all of your mappings you can come back and complete another time. All the confirmed mappings are saved.
- You can check at the top of the page to see how many accounts are remaining that are unmapped. Click on the Unmapped Accounts button to find the remaining ones.