This page is where you can map your client accounts to your accounts so that they appear correct in your general ledger. You can complete a lot of this with our Smart Mapping algorithm, but some accounts will still need to be manually mapped.
When you map a client for the first time, you will see the following page. This is where you bring the chart of accounts into Common Ledger that you want to map the client accounts to.
- This function allows you to connect to Xero General Ledger to bring in the Xero chart of accounts
- This button allows you to add a new chart of accounts if you use a desktop based general ledger system, such as XPA or Sage HandiLedger
Once you have added a chart of accounts, the screen will update to reflect the chart:
- This is the number of accounts unmapped. If this is absent, then all accounts are mapped
- This shows you the chart of accounts that you are mapping to
- This button allows you to navigate directly to each unmapped account instead of scrolling
- These dropdowns allow you to select the account you wish to map the account to
- Click this button to complete the account’s mapping