After closing a financial year, you want to make sure that before you import new data from Common Ledger, all of your opening balances for the next financial year are accurate.
Follow the steps below to make sure your opening balances are correct when rolling over a financial year.
- Login to Sage HandiLedger
- Select your client
- Highlight the prior financial year - e.g 1 Jul 14 to 30 Jun 15
- Close the prior financial year
- Select the financial year that you want to roll over to eg. 1 Jul 15 to 30 Jun 16
- Check the trial balance to confirm opening balances
- Import data from Common Ledger
- Check the trial balance to confirm closing balances